NOPD is looking for a vehicle stolen near the intersection of Hunley and Erickson, and the person who took it.
On November 9, 2016, the victim reported that she parked her vehicle at Hunley Street and Erickson Avenue around 8:15 a.m. When she returned later that day the vehicle was missing.
The missing vehicle is described as a dark gray 2004 Chevy Tahoe with Texas license plate number 22DKJ1. It is missing the rear passenger side hub cap and has body damage to the front passenger side. There are two “support the police” stickers on the rear of the vehicle.
A photo of a similar make and model is included below.
If you have any information about this incident or the whereabouts of this vehicle please contact any Fourth District detective at 504-685-6040. Citizens with information that can help solve crimes are asked to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
Auto Burglary and Theft
Vehicle burglaries are largely avoidable. Here are some tips on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts:
1. Lock the doors
2. Close windows and sunroofs
3. Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
4. Put away the garage door opener and any items with personal information
5. Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
6. Don’t leave keys in the vehicle