NOPD is looking for two individuals in connection with a vehicle theft.
On January 28, 2017, the victim reported that he parked and secured his white 2007 Subaru Forester in the 900 block of Pontalba Street at 7 p.m. When he returned the next morning, his vehicle was missing.
Through the course of the investigation, Marquis Cheneau (DOB: 6/3/1997) and Ronshawn Smith (DOB: 6/12/1997) were developed as suspects in the theft of the vehicle. The two are wanted for possession of items stolen during an auto burglary and Smith is also wanted for illegal possession of stolen things for an additional vehicle burglary that took place in the Third District.
If you have any information about these incidents or know the whereabouts of Marquis Cheneau or Ronshawn Smith please call Detective Roger Caillouet or any Third District detective at 504-658-6030. Citizens with information that can help solve crimes are asked to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
Auto Burglary and Theft
Vehicle burglaries and thefts are largely avoidable. Here are some tips on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts:
1. Lock the doors
2. Close windows and sunroofs
3. Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
4. Put away the garage door opener and any items with personal information
5. Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
6. Don’t leave keys in the vehicle