The NOPD is searching for the pictured male subject wanted for an auto burglary incident that occurred on July 17, 2018.
At approximately 3:13 a.m., the below pictured subject was observed committing a simple burglaryof a vehicle in the 300 block of South Scott Street.
Anyone with any additional information about the incident or pictured identification of the pictured subject, please notify any First District detective at 504-685-6010 or call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free at 1-877-903-7867.
Auto Burglary and Theft Prevention
Vehicle burglaries and thefts are largely avoidable. Here are some tips on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts.
1. Lock the doors
2. Close windows and sunroofs
3. Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
4. Put away the garage door opener and any items with personal information
5. Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
6. Don’t leave any keys in the vehicle, including a valet key or a spare key for another vehicle that parks near yours in your garage, driveway, etc.
7. Park in a well-lighted place whenever possible
8. Use the emergency brake when parking to make it more difficult for a thief to tow your vehicle away.
Key fobs present a serious weakness in your car's security. An amplifier can detects key fob signals from up to 300 feet away and transmit them to your car so while your keys could be in your house, criminals could still unlock it. To prevent hackers from stealing your key fob signal you can wrap them in foil, place them in a foil-lined box or radio frequency signal blocking bag. You can also put them in your microwave oven – just don’t turn it on.