The NOPD is looking for two suspects in connection to a vehicle theft in the 2500 block of Verbena Street.
On January 7, 2017, at approximately 2:40 p.m., two unknown suspects were observed entering the victim’s yard and driving off in his blue 2007 Lincoln Navigator. The victim stated the key is stuck in the ignition and he had been unable to remove it.
A surveillance camera captured the incident on video and a link is available here: https://youtu.be/KZ9AGXS8480.
If you have any information about this incident or the whereabouts of the missing vehicle please contact any Third District detective at 504-658-6030. Citizens with information that can help solve crimes are asked to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
Auto Burglary and Theft
Vehicle burglaries are largely avoidable. Here are some tips on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts:
1. Lock the doors
2. Close windows and sunroofs
3. Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
4. Put away the garage door opener and any items with personal information
5. Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
6. Don’t leave keys in the vehicle