The NOPD needs the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a suspect wanted in connection to an auto burglary.
On January 3, 2017, at approximately 5:24 a.m., the suspect was observed burglarizing a vehicle in the 7200 block of Sardonyx Street. The victim reported that a key was taken from inside of the vehicle.
If you have any information about this incident or the identity of the suspect please contact any Third District detective at 504-658-6030. Citizens with information that can help solve crimes are asked to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
Auto Burglary and Theft
Vehicle burglaries are largely avoidable. Here are some tips on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts:
1. Lock the doors
2. Close windows and sunroofs
3. Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
4. Put away the garage door opener and any items with personal information
5. Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
6. Don’t leave keys in the vehicle