NOPD is looking for several suspects who are wanted for auto burglary.
On December 31, 2016, at approximately 1:30 a.m., the suspects were observed pulling on door handles in the 6000 and 6100 blocks of Craigie Road. The suspects entered at least three unsecured vehicles and took several items of value including purses, credit cards and debit cards.
A link to video surveillance that captured the suspects is available here: https://youtu.be/6EB428VqlJ0
If you have any information about these incidents or the identity of the suspects please contact any Seventh District detective at 504-658-6070. Citizens with information that can help solve crimes are asked to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
Auto Burglary and Theft
Vehicle burglaries are largely avoidable. Here are some tips on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts:
1. Lock the doors
2. Close windows and sunroofs
3. Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
4. Put away the garage door opener and any items with personal information
5. Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
6. Don’t leave keys in the vehicle