During a ceremony today on the campus of Southern University at New Orleans, NOPD Interim Superintendent Michelle Woodfork promoted multiple officers to higher rank, including three deputy superintendents, four captains, three lieutenants and two sergeants.
Those promoted include:
- Hans Ganthier, promoted to Chief Deputy Superintendent.
- Ryan Lubrano, promoted to Deputy Superintendent.
- Nicholas Gernon, promoted to Deputy Superintendent.
- Christina Watson, promoted to Captain.
- Jennifer Dupree, promoted to Captain.
- Raven Batiste, promoted to Captain.
- Kevin Burns, promoted to Captain
- Lawrence Jones, promoted to Lieutenant
- Andrew Waldron, promoted to Lieutenant
- Anthony Bakewell, promoted to Lieutenant
- Ron Howard, promoted to Sergeant
- Darius Henry, promoted to Sergeant.
"Today, the NOPD of change has no room for nepotism or favoritism" interim Superintendent Woodfork said. "This department of new must put the right people in the right positions to disrupt the antiquated cycles. Promotions are another way to demonstrate how the NOPD creates a pathway of career growth. We must and will continue to develop leaders from within.”