On Febraury 2, 2023 NOPD Superintendent Michelle Woodfork released her strategic plan to combat crime in the City of New Orleans. The plan centers around three specific goals, each goal containing multiple aspects. These include
Improving public safety through meaningful partnerships and efficient use of resources.
- Leveraging relationships wtih local, state and Federal partners
- Collaborating with community organizations, faith-based leaders, elected officials and other stakeholders, public and private alike.
Retaining, recruiting and creating a positive work environment.
- Making a commitment to and supporting our current and future employees.
- Improving facilities, equipment and workspace.
Creating an evolution of systems and processes that improve the efficacy of the department.
- Utilization of technology for innovative solutions
- Analysis of adminstrative systems to include internal and external communications.
The plan is available to view online at https://nopdnews.com/transparency/strategic-plan/.