NOPD is looking for a suspect in connection to a vehicle burglary that took place at a store in the 2600 block of General DeGaulle Drive.
On December 19, 2016, at approximately 11:17 a.m. the victim reported that she exited her vehicle, leaving it unlocked and running, and entered the store. A few minutes later two male suspects were observed pulling into the gas station in a dark colored vehicle and entering the store. One of the suspects then exited the store and entered the victim’s vehicle, taking her purse from the front seat.
Surveillance video of the incident is available here: https://youtu.be/hOXFPKGA9fo?t=107
If you have any information about this incident or can identify the suspect, please contact any Fourth District detective at 504-658-6045. Citizens with information that can help solve crimes are asked to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
Auto Burglary and Theft
Vehicle burglaries are largely avoidable. Here are some tips on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts:
1. Lock the doors
2. Close windows and sunroofs
3. Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
4. Put away the garage door opener and any items with personal information
5. Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
6. Don’t leave keys in the vehicle