The following street closures will be implemented in the Eighth District during the upcoming Southern Decadence/Labor Day weekend.
Bourbon Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from St. Peter Street to Dumaine Street during the following periods:
- Friday, August 31 at 7 p.m. to Saturday, September 1 at 4 a.m.
- Saturday, September 1 at 7 p.m. to Sunday, September 2 at 4 a.m.
- Sunday, September 2 at 7 p.m. to Monday, September 3 at 4 a.m.
There will be no exterior closure of the French Quarter for this event.
Moveable bollards will be in place to provide protection from any vehicles crossing or entering Bourbon Street during peak times when there is a high volume of pedestrian traffic.
All streets leading to Bourbon Street from Royal Street and Dauphine Street will be closed using moveable bollards.
No vehicles will be allowed to cross Bourbon Street.
Parking restrictions for Southern Decadence will be as follows:
No parking will be allowed in the 700 and 800 blocks of the following streets:
- St. Peter Street
- Orleans Avenue
- St. Ann Street
- Dumaine Street
Times are as follows:
- Friday, August 31 at 2 p.m. through Saturday, September 1 at 4 a.m.
- Saturday, September 1 at 2 p.m. through Sunday, September 2 at 4 a.m.
- Sunday, September 2 at 2 p.m. through Monday, September 3 at 4 a.m.