On September 5, 2023, the NOPD arrested Terry Renard (black male, DOB: 05-08-1968) in the investigation of two armed robbery incidents in the First District.
Renard was arrested near the intersection of Gravier and South Derbigny streets, after a call of a suspicious person led officers to locate Renard and discovered him to be in illegal possession of a handgun.
Through investigation, it was determined that Renard was the perpetrator of an armed robbery that occurred on September 4, 2023, in the 2600 block of Canal Street; and an armed robbery that occurred on September 4, 2023, in the 1100 block of North Broad Street. The firearm allegedly used in each of these incidents was also recovered during the arrest.
Renard was booked into the Orleans Parish Justice Center on the following counts:
- Three counts of felon in possession of a firearm
- Two counts of armed robbery
- Two counts of use of a firearm in the commission of an armed robbery
- Two counts of aggravated assault with a firearm
- One count of second-degree battery
- One count of illegal use of weapons
- One count of illegal carrying of a weapon
All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Anyone with additional information on this incident is urged to contact NOPD First District detectives at 504-658-6010.
Have a question or correction? Please email NOPD’s Public Affairs Division at email@example.com.