NOPD is looking for a stolen vehicle and the two perpetrators who took it.
The victim reported that at approximately 7:07 p.m. on January 24, 2017, she stopped at a gas station in the 4700 block of Canal Street. After she finished fueling, the victim was approached by an unknown black male who asked her for money. She then heard her car door slam and another unknown black male had entered the vehicle’s front driver’s side door. The other unknown male then got into the passenger seat and the two fled in the vehicle.
The vehicle is described as a 2016 Blue BMW I425 with Louisiana license plate number 319AGT. A photo of a similar make and model is included.
If you have any information about this incident or the whereabouts of the stolen vehicle please contact any Third District detective at 540-658-6030. Citizens with information that can help solve crimes are asked to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
Auto Burglary and Theft
Vehicle burglaries are largely avoidable. Here are some tips on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts:
1. Lock the doors
2. Close windows and sunroofs
3. Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
4. Put away the garage door opener and any items with personal information
5. Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
6. Don’t leave keys in the vehicle