The NOPD has obtained multiple arrest warrants for Larce Michael Spikes (black male, DOB: 12-10-1971) in the investigation of several vehicle burglary incidents reported in the Third District over a three-month span.
In the months of May, July and August 2022, the Third District experienced a rash of reported residential burglaries in which an unknown black male attired in a bright safety vest allegedly burglarize numerous residences by smashing out the rear glass doors and stealing items including jewelry, cash and firearms.
Through investigation into these incidents, Third District detectives were able to determine the perpetrator had been involved in crimes throughout the Metro New Orleans area, linked through vehicles used in these incidents. Third District detectives collaborated with detectives from numerous neighboring law enforcement agencies and the NOPD’s Violent Crimes Abatement & Investigation Team. The investigation led detectives to identify Spikes as the perpetrator in these incidents.
A total of 15 arrest warrants have been obtained for Spikes in connection with simple burglary of a residence incidents reported in the Third District. The incidents include:
- May 12, 2022, in the 6200 block of Pratt Drive.
- May 18, 2022, in the 800 block of Germain Street.
- May 20, 2022, in the 5400 block of Canal Boulevard.
- July 1, 2022, in the 6600 block of Colbert Street.
- July 6, 2022, in the 1400 block of Allen Toussaint Boulevard.
- July 6, 2022, in the 6400 block of Canal Boulevard.
- July 11, 2022, in the 800 block of Allen Toussaint Boulevard.
- July 11, 2022, in the 5600 block of Chatham Street.
- July 28, 2022, in the 5600 block of Charlotte Drive.
- July 29, 2022, in the 6900 block of General Haig Street.
- August 2, 2022, in the 900 block of Allen Toussaint Street.
- August 2, 2022, in the 6100 block of Argonne Boulevard.
- August 2, 2022, in the 5800 block of General Diaz Street.
- August 4, 2022, in the 300 block of West Kenilworth Street.
- August 5, 2022, in the 6500 block of General Haig Street.
Additionally, Spikes is suspected to be the perpetrator of additional burglary incidents in the Third District dating back to 2018.
Spikes was found to currently be in the custody of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office after arrest on charges in that jurisdiction.
Anyone with additional information on these incidents is asked to contact NOPD Third District detectives at 504-658-6030 or call anonymously to Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.