On April 8, 2022, the NOPD promoted multiple officers to ranking positions in a ceremony held at the Training and Education Academy.
Among those receiving promotions include:
- Capt. Ryan Lubrano, assigned to in the Investigative Services Bureau and will supervise units including the Homicide Division.
- Lieutenant Dean Herrick, assigned to the Second District.
- Lieutenant John Helou, who will remain in the Public Integrity Bureau and will oversee the bureau’s Force Investigation Team.
- Lieutenant Travis Ward, assigned to the Seventh District.
- Sergeant Arianne White, assigned to the First District.
- Sergeant Eugene Cummings, assigned to the Eighth District.
- Sergeant Donna Smith, assigned to the Fifth District.
- Sergeant Andrew Weidman, assigned to the Seventh District.
- Sergeant Quannecia Booker, assigned to the First District
- Sergeant Sheila Matthews, assigned to the Seventh District
With the promotion of Capt. Lubrano, additional moves were made within the command staff. Capt. Nicholas Gernon will now be assigned to lead the department’s Crime Laboratory, while Capt. Bruce Haney will now be assigned to lead the department’s Training and Education Academy.