The NOPD is searching for Dan West Robertson (DOB: 5-4-61) after he was recently seen on surveillance video burglarizing vehicles.
The incident happened on June 25, 2017. At 5:56 a.m., the subject depicted in the below photograph was observed on video surveillance entering a victim’s vehicle in the 3600 block of Rue Michelle Street. The subject was then seen removing property and proceeding down the block while pulling on other car door handles.
Through the course of the investigation, Fourth District detectives were able to identify the perpetrator as Dan West Robertson. He is wanted for a number of simple burglary incidents and criminal mischief.
If anyone has any information regarding the whereabouts of Dan West Robertson, please contact any Fourth District Property Crimes detective at 504-658-6040 or 504- 658-6045 DIU. Citizens with information that can help solve a crime are asked to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
Auto Burglary and Theft Prevention
Vehicle burglaries and thefts are largely avoidable. Here are some tips on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts.
1. Lock the doors
2. Close windows and sunroofs
3. Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
4. Put away the garage door opener and any items with personal information
5. Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
6. Don’t leave any keys in the vehicle, including a valet key or a spare key for another vehicle that parks near yours in your garage, driveway, etc.
7. Park in a well-lighted place whenever possible
8. Use the emergency brake when parking to make it more difficult for a thief to tow your vehicle away.