In recent days, NOPD officers in the Second, Third and Fifth districts responded to multiple calls of auto thefts and auto burglaries.
- An auto theft on December 3, 2018 in the 3200 block of North Miro Street
- A hit and run on December 4 near the intersection of North Prieur and Pauline streets where he was seen fleeing that scene in the vehicle reported stolen from the 3200 block of North Miro Street
- A simple burglary of a vehicle on December 6, 2018 in the 6100 block of Canal Boulevard
- An auto theft on December 6, 2018 in the 40 block of Swallow Street
- A simple criminal damage to property on December 9, 2018 in the 100 block of Portland Street.
- An auto theft on December 15, 2018 in the 1400 block of Madrid Street.
Through investigation, detectives positively identified Ambo as the perpetrator in these incidents. Members of the NOPD’s TIGER Unit located and arrested Ambo at a residence in the 3700 block of Texas Drive.
Ambo was booked into the Orleans Parish Justice Center for three counts of unauthorized use of a movable, three counts of illegal possession of stolen things, simple criminal damage to property, illegal possession of a stolen firearm and violation of probation.
Ambo is believed to run the auto burglary ring involving juveniles arrested in connection with multiple incidents.
Anyone with additional information on these incidents is asked to contact NOPD Third District detectives at 504-658-6030.