Two vehicle burglars were caught on video surveillance and the NOPD needs the public‘s assistance in identifying them.
The victim reported that on December 8, 2016, at approximately 3:18 a.m., two unknown black males entered his unlocked Ford 150 that was parked in his driveway in the 400 block of Bellaire Drive. The perpetrators took the victim’s wallet, which contained numerous credit cards, and blank prescription pads. The victim’s stolen credit cards were then used at the Walmart on Esplanade in Kenner, Louisiana, a little more than an hour later.
Anyone with any information regarding the identity of these suspects please contact any Third District detective at 504-658-6030. Citizens with information that can help solve crimes are asked to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
Auto Burglary and Theft
Vehicle burglaries are largely avoidable. Here are some tips on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts:
1. Lock the doors
2. Close windows and sunroofs
3. Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
4. Put away the garage door opener and any items with personal information
5. Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
6. Don’t leave keys in the vehicle