Listed below are significant arrests or clearances through warrants or exception obtained between April 4-10, 2021 in investigations by the NOPD:
- On April 6, NOPD Eighth District detectives obtained arrest warrants in the investigation of a shooting in the 700 block of Canal Street on April 4. Dontez Baker (black male, DOB: 03-03-2000) was wanted for two counts of attempted second-degree murder. Shayla Bradley (black female, DOB: 11-08-1999) was wanted for two counts of principal to attempted second-degree murder. Both subjects were arrested on April 7 in Mississippi.
- On April 6, NOPD’s Violent Offender Warrant Squad arrested Donald Monroe (black male, DOB: 05-11-1985) for attempted murder, simple battery and armed robbery with a firearm. The incident occurred at Warfield Street and Reynes Street on February 27.
- On April 7, NOPD Third District officers arrested Dwayne Collins (black male, DOB: 07-25-1964) for negligent injuring in a shooting incident in the 3500 block of Live Oak Street. The incident occurred that same day.
- On April 7, NOPD Eighth District detectives obtained arrest warrants in the investigation of a shooting in the 0-10 block of Poydras Street on April 4. Teanna Lyrie Delaney (black female, DOB: 01-30-1999) is wanted for principal to aggravated battery by shooting and for theft (less than $1,000). An arrest warrant was also obtained for Jarred Kouris (black male, DOB: 08-16-1982) for aggravated battery by shooting. Anyone with information on their whereabouts is asked to call Eighth District detectives at 504-658-6080 or Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at 504-822-1111.
- On April 7, NOPD Sixth District detectives made arrests in an incident in the 2700 block of South Derbigny Street on February 5. Edward Bradford-Allen (black male, DOB: 03-05-1998) was arrested on March 25 for principal to attempted first-degree murder and principal to armed Robbery with a firearm. Dametrius James (black male, DOB: 07-20-1969) was arrested on April 6 for attempted first-degree murder and armed robbery with a firearm.
- The NOPD obtained an arrest warrant for Randy Lewis (black male, DOB: 12-07-1990) in the investigation of an attempted homicide on April 8 in the 12300 block of South I-10 Service Road. Anyone with additional information on this incident or on the whereabouts of Randy Lewis is asked to contact NOPD Seventh District detectives at 504-658-6070 or call anonymously to Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
- On April 4, NOPD Sixth District detectives obtained an arrest warrant in the investigation of an armed robbery involving an aggravated battery by shooting on April 1 in the 4100 block of Erato Street. Lawrence “Ming” Kagler (black male, DOB: 12-19-2002) is wanted for aggravated battery by shooting and use of firearm during robbery. Anyone with information on Kagler’s whereabouts is asked to call 504-658-6060 or Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111.
- On April 6, 2021 NOPD’s VOWS officers arrested a 16-year-old juvenile male for armed carjacking, armed robbery, attempt theft, criminal trespass and five counts of simple burglary. The incidents occurred at several locations on several dates.
- On April 10, NOPD Seventh District detectives positively identified Tyjah Shuff (black male, DOB: 05-10-1992) as the perpetrator of an armed robbery on March 23 in the 6500 block of Morrison Road. This incident has been cleared by exception, as Shuff has been identified by the Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office as the victim of a homicide in the 6700 block of Foch Drive on April 6.
- The NOPD arrested Edward Bradford-Allen (pictured left, male, DOB: 03-05-1988) and Dametrius James (pictured left, male, DOB; 07-20-1969) in the investigation of a shooting on February 5, 2021 in the 2700 block of South Derbigny Street. In this incident, the victim sustained a gunshot wound to the chest and was transported to a local hospital. Bradford-Allen was arrested on March 25 and charged with principal to attempted first degree murder and principal to armed robbery with a firearm. Dametrius James was arrested on April 6 by NOPD Violent Offender Warrant Squad and the US Marshals. He was booked one count each of armed robbery with a firearm and attempted first-degree murder.
Other significant arrests
- Wayne Handy was arrested by the FBI’s SWAT Team in the 1800 block of Andry Street after a lengthy investigation regarding the alleged sale of illicit narcotics dating back to late 2020. Handy has been identified by NOPD as a major alleged illegal drug distributor operating in the Fifth District, and his arrest is hoped to have a major role in reducing illegal drug operations in the area.
- On April 6, NOPD Sixth District detectives and NOPD Second District officers arrested Shadon Boothe (black male, DOB: 05-08-2002), Ernest Jones (black male, DOB: 06-25-2000) and Tyree Rudolph (black male, DOB: 03-13-2003) in the 3000 block of Toledano Street. All three suspects were found to be in illegal possession of firearms, two of which were found to be reported stolen out of Orleans Parish. One of the suspects was also found in possession of the key to a reported stolen vehicle, which was recovered in the 2800 block of South Prieur Street. The suspects were booked accordingly into the Orleans Parish Justice Center.
- On April 9, a 13-year-old juvenile male was arrested in the ongoing investigation of an aggravated battery incident on April 6 in the 2800 block of Toulouse Street. In this incident, the victim’s vehicle was reported stolen and the victim sustained multiple injuries after being struck and run over by her vehicle during the incident. The juvenile was also linked to a reported auto theft in the 600 block of North Broad Street on April 6. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact NOPD First District detectives at 504-658-6010 or Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111.
- The NOPD arrested Stanley Warnick (white male, DOB: 01-15-1989) and Kathryn Diionno (white female, DOB: 12-15-1996) and is searching for wanted suspect Stanley Pate (white male, DOB: 04-23-1986) in connection with the theft of a historic monument taken from Old Live Oak Cemetery in Selma, Ala. The monument was recovered in New Orleans on April 8. Warnick and Diionno were charged with possession of stolen property. Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact NOPD Eighth District detectives at 504-658-6080.