The NOPD is fortunate to have a number of partners throughout the New Orleans community, and one of the primary organizations that provides back-up to the men and women in blue is the New Orleans Police & Justice Foundation (NOPJF).
NOPJF is a 501(c)(3) public charity nonprofit organization providing support for efforts that enhance police/community relations, crime prevention, and public safety through funding for specialized equipment, training, and cooperative community programs. They serve as a fiscal sponsor for the NOPD, accepting donations and grants on behalf of the department, and operate a number of programs that assist individual officers, the community and the police department as a whole.
WATCH: How the New Orleans Police & Justice Foundation Works to Support the NOPD
Current NOPJF programs include:
- The Tragedy Fund, administered by NOPJF, has provided over $140,000 to seriously injured officers and their families in their time of need.
- NOPJF’s Tuition Assistance Program offsets the cost of college for NOPD employees.
- From personal protective gear to horses and canines, NOPJF is filling gaps by providing officers with the equipment and supplies they need to keep us safe.
Benefitting the Community
- NOPJF’s Cops for Kids Program provides a safe, enriching environment for 150 at-risk New Orleans youth every year.
- New Orleans citizens are helping NOPD identify suspects and solve crimes by registering more than 4,000 private security cameras through NOPJF’s SafeCamNOLA.com.
- NOPJF’s groundbreaking Adopt-a-Block initiative is helping residents install private security cameras in high crime hot spots.
Benefitting the Department
- NOPJF’s JoinNOPD.org Campaign is recruiting the next generation of police officers.
- NOPJF’s OPISIS Technology initiative makes NOPD more efficient and effective by providing real time data and cutting edge crime analysis software.
- NOPJF’s training investments bring world-class leadership development courses and law enforcement best practices to NOPD officers.
Donations are accepted on the NOPJF’s website, www.nopjf.org.